MMM. Just writing the title of this post makes me want more. Too bad I am at work. boo.
For a couple days now I have been staring at these on the counter:
and well they just had to go soon! So why not today! (Okay secretly I have been waiting for them to get like this because I have been seeing so many posts on blogs lately of banana bread and I was craving it)
Today was the day I was going to make it! I went to Courtney’s site again, the same one I got the patriotic cookie cake from for Memorial Day, to find the recipe she posted the other day. Well I went into her recipes and found one better! WITH BLUEBERRIES! Now duh this was perfect because I had all of these:
That is a lot of blueberries for just one little girl!
Off to make Blueberry Banana Bread it is!
1-1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (I used egg whites)
1/4 cup applesauce
1/8 cup blueberry flavored Chobani
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a medium mixing blow, combine mashed bananas, egg whites, applesauce, yogurt and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add the wet ingredietns to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
5. Gently fold in as many blueberries that you want. I put in like 4 big handfuls but I also had a bunch of blueberries.
6. Spoon batter into a loaf pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
I let it sit just enough time that it took me to shower and then I was right back downstairs digging in.
Half of the piece I ate I kept plain the other I put some peanut butter on top! DELICIOUS! It tasted like a PB and Jelly Sandwich. haha. I’m in love…
I packed some for a snack before dinner and now I wish I had more with! (: