Yep you read that right! Carrots turned into fries. I was browsing my pinterest the other day trying to find something to make this week that was different and it popped right out at me. Lets get right to it.
What You Need:
- A bag of carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- A few dashes of pepper
- Other spices you want to add
- Peel your Carrots and slice them into rectangular fry shapes.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the carrots in a bowl and toss them with the olive oil, cornstarch and spices until well coated.
- Spread out the coated fries on a greased baking sheet and bake at 425 for about 40 minutes, turning once. *Check them after about 30 minutes – depending upon how thinly/thickly you cut them, they may need more or less time.
(Don’t look at my dirty oven… I’m just scared to do the self cleaner when I’m home alone)
- Let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Let me tell you they are really good they kinda remind me of sweet potato fries but with a carroty taste… (uh duh!)
Go try them!