I was actually considering not posting my awful pinterest fail haha but then I decided oh well the next time it will get better and I will look back on here and laugh… right?
So this is what I found on pinterest that I wanted to make for our Relay Garage Sale/Bake Sale tomorrow:
So cute huh? Little cupcakes to celebrate another birthday.
I got the stuff I needed and started on my way of creating them…
Here is what you need:
- 1 13×9 baked cake (from a box any flavor… I picked chocolate)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (but probably a little less i’ll tell you why later)
- 1 flower shaped cookie cutter
- packages of chocolate candy melts of the colors you want (I picked purple and white)
- bowls for dipping
- wax paper
- aluminum foil
- lollipop sticks
- sprinkles, m&ms or other toppings
- small plastic treat bags and ribbons to package.
There is some of the stuff I picked up at the store. I was pretty upset that I found this cute recipe becaues a couple days after Easter I saw the lollipop sticks, sprinkles, and bags to wrap them in on sale at Giant but Eric saying “you don’t need that stuff we are going on vacation soon lets save the money” in my head so I didn’t get it… Last time I listen to him.
Here are the directions:
- Bake the cake following the directions on the box.
Look how good that cake looked. YUM!
- Crumble the cake up in a large bowl.
- Add the can of cream cheese frosting and blend it together using the back of a large spoon
I feel like this is where it all went down hill. I think I put too much frosting in because it never got the least bit hard… not like a cake is supposed to get hard but i’ll keep filling you in as I go.
- Roll the mixtures into little balls and lay on wax paper. (You will have to rinse and dry your hands a million times between each ball)
- Cover with aluminum foil and stuick in a refrigerator for several hours or fthe freezer for about 15 minutes. (I put mine in the freezer)
- Remove from the freezer, roll the ball into more of an oval, and then slide it into the cookie cutter only going about half way. (When I did this it 1. looked nothing like the other girls picture and 2. it wasn’t hard the least bit… you think putting it in the freezer would’ve made it a little hard.. anyways mine came out like this:
It looked like a mushroom haha.
- Once shaped, cover and return to the freezer for 5-10 minutes. I had to leave for work so I kept them in overnight… and it still didn’t help them any.
- Start heating up your chocolate (30 second intervals)
- Take the cupcake shaped mixture and dip the bottoms into the melted chocolate just to the point where the mounded shape starts. Remove it, wiggle off the excess chocolate, and then lay it down on the wax paper upside down.
- Take your lollipop stick dip it into the chocolate and then into the bottom of the cupcake.
- Dry completely; 15-20 minutes
- Once dry dip the top into a different color.
- Place the lollipop into a styroam piece to dry.
- Decorate. I added a red m&m to the top and on the purple tops I put these edible stars (so adorable) and on the white tops I put purple sprinkles.
- Wait for them to dry and then wrap them up and tye some ribbon around them.
I didn’t really like how the double color turned out or the whole cupcake shape of them so by the end I decided to turn them into balls and make them one color like cake pops.
So at the end here are what mine look like… If you look at them far away they look decent haha.
Oh well I’ll try again probably for the actual weekend for Relay and I already told Eric if none sell he can just buy them all! (: Thanks hun.