Today I woke up ate a quick breakfast of Banana Bread that I made yesterday… yummy. Then I headed to the gym where I did an hour on the elliptical thanks to the new Cosmo that popped up on my iPad this morning. Its just so much easier to run when you have something to do to take your mind off running. haha.
Then I came home had some of my blueberry coffee.. (it is seriously the best if you haven’t tried it yet)
Thanks to Grimm for the new coffee mug! I started my blog and watched the news. SUPER TUESDAY!
Then I decided to start my next pinterest project.. which was Apple Pie Cupcakes… yum. The recipe called for 24 cupcakes so I cut the recipe in half because even though I loveeee desserts.. theres no way i’m eating 24 of them.
Things you need:
1 1/2 cups of cake flour
1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. sugar
2 large, Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced.
- To start preheat the over at 350 degrees. ( I always feel like my oven is preheating for like an hour before i finally get something in it.. haha. I guess i’m just to slow at putting everything together)
- Line a cupcake pan with paper liners (all i had were extras from harleyyys birthday… birthday theme oh yah)
- Peel, Core, and Dice the Apples
I used my moms ghetto apple peeler she passed down to me. It is a great tool but takes awhile to figure out how it gets going lol.
Then you want to core them… I just used a knife and cut out the centers. I should really get an apple corer.
Lastly just dice them up and put them to the side.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cake flour (I never even knew this existed. I had to call my mom in the grocery store to figure out where it was… and well it was on the top shelf. haha) baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, use an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium high speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well, and scraping the sides.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir until Combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners, filling them about 2/3-3/4 full.
- Bake until golden and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean about 20 minutes.
- Pull from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pans.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely
Making the Apple filling
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the cinnamon and sugar and cook for a minute, until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the apples.
- Mix well.
- Cook until the apples are somewhat tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
Putting them together:
- While the apple mixture is cooling, use the cone method to remove a chunk from the center of the cupcakes, making sure to leave a rim around the top.
- Then fill them up.
- Add Whipped Cream on top
- and finally EAT!
They were delicious. I am a fan. They will definitely go to the Checklist Done area of my pinterest so I keep them in mind for some other time!
So I guess I will finally get moving for the rest of my day. I have dinner to make, a walk with Harleyyy and watching some dodgeball games tonight.
Overall a good Sunday.